Trinity Lutheran Church began over 80 years ago, when members of Trinity Lutheran Church, Berrien Springs, canvassed the greater Paw Paw area and located 19 Lutheran families who needed a church home.
In 1932, the first church service was held for these families in a private home. From this date forward, regular services were held in private homes, hotels, club rooms, and local church buildings.
In 1942, property on the northeast corner of South Niles and Paw Paw Streets was acquired. Ground was broken for a new church, and the congregation dedicated the building in November of 1942.
Future expansion quickly became the subject of conversation, as the congregation was growing by leaps and bounds. The present property was acquired in 1950, and ground was broken in 1960. The buildings were dedicated in March, 1961.
In the years that followed, Trinity continued to follow the great commission of Jesus “to go and make disciples of all nations.” (Matthew 28:19) The church grew to include an Early Childhood Education Center, which consisted of a childcare program and a preschool. In 1985, Trinity began a Lutheran day school, serving children from kindergarten through eighth grade. A school building and a gym were later added to facilitate this program.
In the words of Psalm 126:3: “The Lord has done great things for us!” And He continues to do so! In all the challenges and changes that take place in life and in our community, we remain certain that God is at work through the blessings he continually pours out on Trinity Lutheran Church and School.